[maemo-users] Battery Benchmarking?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:15:56PM +0100, Simon Budig wrote:
> Igor Stoppa (igor.stoppa at nokia.com) wrote:
> [snipped helpful description of power saving]
> > Also because N800 doesn't have a cover, but certainly that doesn't
> > prevent us to do the very same power saving that was already available
> > on 770. :-D
> >
> > The cover would just be the cause for an _immediate_ rather than timed
> > screen blanking.
>
> I believe Nokia is missing a psychological factor here. Putting the
> cover on the 770 allows the user to forget about it. He finished using
> it and it is kind of stored away safely, it won't distract him.

You put the finger on it.

Even the cover is sometimes inconvenient.  I wish I could press the
power button and get the screen to blank immediatelly.  That's what the
Palms used to do.

Power + lock screen doesn't do what I want -- it dims the screen but
doesn't blank it.

Marius Gedminas
--
One could envision a different approach to persistence (hands wave and
magical stardust appears overhead to percussive indian string music)