[maemo-users] How to debug File Manager BT Phone browsing?

Hi Carel,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006, Carel Bast wrote:
> ~ $ gnomevfs-ls obex://[00:17:4B:66:FF:3A]/
> Error opening: Service not available
> ~ $

That maps to the GW_OBEX_ERROR_CONNECT_FAILED error from libgwobex which
can be caused by several different things, however since your phone
asks to accept the connection my guess would be that the OBEX CONNECT
command is for some strange reason failing.

> Does this mean that my new Nokia 6280 does not support the BT obex protocol?
> Do you know of an alternative way to communicate from the 770 to the
> 6280 (via BT)?

It *should* support OBEX just fine. I just ordered one for testing, but
it could take a few weeks before I get it. Meanwhile, you could try the
other two steps I mentioned to get some more info. It's also not
uncommon that flashing the phone with a newer firmware can solve this
kind of problems.

Johan