[maemo-users] How to debug File Manager BT Phone browsing?

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006, Carel Bast wrote:
> The pairing works, the DUN (Internet connection) works.
> However when I try to browse the content (pictures etc.) of my phone via
> the Nokia 770 File Manager, I always get a "Unable to connect to phone"
> message.
> Is there a possibility to analyze why this does not work?
> I have xterm and hcitool installed, but have no clue on how to "replay"
> the File Manager's interaction via hcitool. Or are there other
> possibilities?

There are several things you could try:

1. Try the command line gnomevfs tools, e.g.
gnomevfs-ls obex://[11:22:33:44:55:66]/
(where "11:22:33:44:55:66" is the BT address of your phone, you can find
it out e.g. with "gconftool -g /system/osso/connectivity/BT/preferred")

2. Try a command line obex bluetooth client such as obc available from
osso-obc package in the maemo.org repository:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo1.1/free/o/osso-obc/free/o/osso-obc/
(note that that package cannot be installed using the application
installer, you'll need to use dpkg -x or something similar).

3. Install the bluez-hcidump package. The output of "hcidump -X -V"
when trying to access the phone via filemanager could reveal something.

Johan