[maemo-users] 770 And Cisco Wireless, Can't connect via WPA

On 3/2/06, Jim Thompson <jim at netgate.com> wrote:
> Why is the AP forwarding Data MPDUs to a non-associated station?

The AP is forwarding the multicast packets to the wireless network
because it is not multicast aware. It is treating the multicast
packets as broadcast packets and replicating. Does it really matter
that the 770 isn't associated, it will still receive the packets? It
won't be able to decrypt them until it is associated, but it still
gets them? Actually, I am not completely sure how far it gets in the
negotiation process, maybe it does the key exchange, but just fails to
get a DHCP address. The 770 just spits out 'Network connection error.
Try again?'. I turn off the multicast stream and the 770 will happily
connect to the wireless network.

The AP doesn't seem to support forwarding rules on the wireless
network. I wanted to prevent the multicast traffic from reaching the
wireless network, but they only support filtering packets entering the
WAN, not bridging from the LAN to the wireless-LAN.

                           --Clem