[maemo-users] Re: Trouble connecting to a D-Link DI-784 with my 770

On 2/24/06, Michael P. Lococo <mpl22 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > Is this the right mailing-list to discuss such things? If not, please
> > guide me to the correct forum.
>
> It is an appropriate forum, and others have had AP specific issues.  It
> may simply be that no one has a quick solution for you.  I would suggest
> testing against another AP with a more open configuration to confirm that
> your 770 is working properly.  If it is, then there is likely a
> configuration error somewhere, either on the network or the client.
> Without access to the network and AP configs you'll have a tough time
> pinning it down unless you're simply entering the web key wrong.
>
> Also, I presume you have good signal?  I often see this behavior when
> connection to 2-bar AP's.
>
> Mike

Thanks for confirmation that I'm in the right spot.

I have had great compatibility success with the 770 with multiple APs (about
a dozen so far ... some open , some WEP, some WPA) so far.  I find the
guidance in key entry (ASCII vs. hex and key length) the best of any
wireless setup so far.
This was the first AP that wouldn't work for me and I was just looking for
common experiences to save me some debugging time if this is a known
compatibility problem before I did some further investigation. If no one has
heard of this problem, I will start by hunting down a laptop with Wifi-g and
trying it out on this AP in an attempt to troubleshoot and possibly fill out
a bug report. It is a rather odd AP in that it transmits on both Wifi-a and
b/g simultaneously so I suspect that could confuse things.

/Mike