Re: hp dc7900

On 03/16/14 12:17, Jean Delvare wrote:
Hi Grzegorz,

Please keep the list in Cc.
OK. Sorry.

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:33:51 +0100, Grzegorz Sójka wrote:
On 03/14/14 07:53, Jean Delvare wrote:
I think we've seen this ID many times in the past, but we don't know
what chip it is and/or we don't have a datasheet. If you can have a
physical look at the board and find the chip name, that would be a
start.
The is a lot of tiny chips on the MB so small that its extremely
difficult to read the symbols (without disassemble). What should I look for?

The Super-I/O shouldn't be that small, actually it is generally one of
the largest chips on the board. You'd be looking for a chip with "SMSC"
clearly readable on top of it, like:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/559896002/IC_CHIP_LPC47N350_NE_SMSC_QFP.jpg_220x220.jpg
I did not found anything like this. I did not disassemble the pc. Its SFF so some parts of MB are covered by other components. What I was able to read is the markings on the following chip:

WINBOND
WPCD376HAKFG
917SG291580312FG

Does it help or should I look for something else?

--
Pozdrawiam
Grzesiek