Re: hp dc7900

Hi Grzegorz,

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:44:53 +0100, Grzegorz Sójka wrote:
> I'm using HP dc7900 Small Form Factor Business PC as a small home
> server. Since the machine runs 24/7 I would like it to automatically
> shut down in case of overheating or a fan failure. I managed to obtain
> temperatures for both CPU cores (via coretemp). Unfortunately I'm not
> able to monitor fans speed. The sensors-detect script detected also:
>
> Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
> Found unknown chip with ID 0x0b00
>
> Unfortunately I have no idea what is it and how to use it.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure lm_sensors to obtain fans speed
> readings on my machine??

I think we've seen this ID many times in the past, but we don't know
what chip it is and/or we don't have a datasheet. If you can have a
physical look at the board and find the chip name, that would be a
start.

Not all LPC chips include hardware monitoring features though. Does the
BIOS display any fan speed on this system?

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support