Re: pwmconfig can only control fan speed at beginning and fancontrol won't work

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:05:07 -0800, Allen Edwards wrote:
>> I thought I had the latest version having just done apt-get install so
>> I didn't think of this but I should have.
>>
>> I now have version 3.1.1 unzipped but can't install it.  I get an
>> ERROR 1 exit on make.  See below.
>>
>> dad@myth_desktop:~/lm_sensors-3.1.1$ sudo make all
>> gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/sensors/sensors
>> prog/sensors/main.ro prog/sensors/chips.ro  -Llib -lsensors
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylex'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_lex_error'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylineno'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_exit'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_init'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yyfilename'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [prog/sensors/sensors] Error 1
>>

>> Not sure what I did wrong...
>
> You forgot to install flex and bison, and our build system isn't
> exactly user-friendly. After you do, run "make clean" then "make" again.
>
> That being said... pwmconfig is a shell script, it doesn't need to be
> built.
>
> --
> Jean Delvare
> http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html

Actually, I did install both of these programs as the documentation is
pretty clear on that.

dad@myth_desktop:~/lm_sensors-3.1.1$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.3
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

dad@myth_desktop:~/lm_sensors-3.1.1$ flex  --version
flex 2.5.34

Allen