Re: pwmconfig can only control fan speed at beginning and fancontrol won't work

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> Please do not top-post.
>
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:34:35 -0800, Allen Edwards wrote:
>> >
>> > And you are using lm-sensors version...? Kernel version...? Hwmon
>> > drivers...?
>
>> lm-sensors 3.0.0, kernel 2.6.24.23-generic  Pardon my stupidity but I do not
>> know hot to find a version of hwmon.
>
> I never asked for a version of hwmon; I asked which hwmon drivers you
> were using on your system.
>
> It probably doesn't matter anyway. Looking at lm-sensors' changelog
> [1], I see the following:
>
> 3.0.3 (2008-09-28)
>  (...)
>  pwmconfig: (...)
>             Fix MINSTOP and MINSTART test functions (#2340)
>             Test MINSTOP before MINSTART
>             Use better step values for MINSTOP test
>             (...)
>             Determine MINSTOP automatically
>             Skip MINSTOP and MINSTART tests if fan can't stop
>
> This makes it clear to me that the problem you reported is known and
> already fixed in lm-sensors 3.0.3 and later. So all you have to do is
> upgrade to lm-sensors 3.0.3 or later. If you don't want to for any
> reason, note that pwmconfig is a standalone script, so you can just
> copy the one from lm-sensors 3.0.3 [2] and run it from wherever you
> like.
>
> [1] http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/tags/V3-1-1/CHANGES
> [2] http://www.lm-sensors.org/export/5798/lm-sensors/tags/V3-0-3/prog/pwm/pwmconfig
>
> --
> Jean Delvare
> http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I had the latest version having just done apt-get install so
I didn't think of this but I should have.

I now have version 3.1.1 unzipped but can't install it.  I get an
ERROR 1 exit on make.  See below.

dad@myth_desktop:~/lm_sensors-3.1.1$ sudo make all
gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/sensors/sensors
prog/sensors/main.ro prog/sensors/chips.ro  -Llib -lsensors
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylex'
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_lex_error'
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylineno'
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_exit'
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_init'
lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yyfilename'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [prog/sensors/sensors] Error 1

Not sure what I did wrong...

Allen