spam

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:56:54AM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:34:20 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:15:33PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > I have already asked our administrator (Axel, Cc'd) to erase this
> > > offending spam from our mailing list archive. And now, Axel, please
> > > _also_ remove this post from Line, as she quoted the message in its
> > > entirety :(
> >
> > Actually the spam was recogniyed at level 3.0, but the filters deny at
> > 5.0 and above. Maybe we should lower the spam barrier (which would hit
> > a couple of false positives, but better to get an email a month denied
> > than be spammed that way).
>
> Thanks for deleting the offending message. There's one more to delete
> here:
> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-January/025201.html

That's a time consuming operation ... :/

> I've blacklisted that specific sender so hopefully we will no longer be
> harmed by similar message... as long as the sender doesn't change.
>
> I am OK with lowering the spam barrier as long as the messages in
> question are either rejected or held for moderation, but not discarded.

I lowered the barrier to 3 instead of 5. But for example this spam
messages didn't get any high spam scoring to make it trigger any
filter (the previous one did).

If this continues, please consider making the list subscribers only.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net