spam

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:10:14AM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:04:16 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:41:10PM -0500, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> > > What appends to the blocked emails? Is there a place to check them and
> > > flag them as "non-spam" to have them sent to the list if needed?
> >
> > Posts with a spam score of higher than 5.0 get stuck in the moderator
> > queue.
>
> Really? I can't remember any message being moderated for this reason.
> The two reasons I see on a regular basis for messages that await
> moderation are: message has implicit destination and message too big.

Maybe most spam messages already fails these two before the spam
scoring filter sets in.

> > But even if it were rejected at least the valid sender with a
> > false positive would notice and rephrase the posting.
>
> What I would do is: messages with a high spam score get discarded, and
> messages with a moderate spam score are blocked until moderated. But
> apparently this is already what we have, so it's all OK?

No messages are being discarded automatically. A lot a rejected at
SMTP time, e.g. the sender gets "a message not sent" or similar from
his MUA/MTA (actually since there are 99.99% spam and the spambots
don't care about SMTP failures the error is not displayed to a human,
I wish it were. The rest of the 0.01% are people that reply to spam).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net