F75383 driver development, was Re: CPU Temp on ECS NFORCE3-A939

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 20:03 -0600, Brian Beardall wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 19:51 -0600, Brian Beardall wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 22:39 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > Hi Brian,

> > > If you want "sensors" to display anything for your chip, you must add
> > > support for it to libsensors, and to sensors itself. You must also make
> > > sure that you register your driver with the hwmon class.
> > >
> > > You are welcome to post your code on this list, as a -p1 patch against
> > > either Linus' or Andrew's tree. You can post the patch either inline
> > > (if your mailer can do this properly) or as an attchement (type
> > > text/plain) so that we can comment on it and help you.
> > >

> > I've been working on the userland, and on the Linux kernel 2.4 driver,
> > but I have a few questions now. How do I choose these:
> >
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1		1200
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1_TCRIT	1201
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1_TCRIT_HYST	1202
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2		1203
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2_TCRIT	1204
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2_TCRIT_HYST	1205
> > #define F75383_SYSCTL_ALARMS		1206
> >
> > Besides that everything will be done by tomorrow.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Brian Beardall
> >
> I figured it out.

The driver is complete, and tomorrow I will be submitting the patches
against Linus's tree, and lm_sensors. Also there is a Linux 2.4 driver
that will need to be tested. I have tested the 2.6 driver, and it has
passed all of the tests that I could think of. I would like the code to
be checked, and suggestions are welcome.

Brian Beardall