F75383 driver development, was Re: CPU Temp on ECS NFORCE3-A939

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 22:39 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> > I've been working on a driver for the chip, but I can't get it to
> > interface with sensors. I have it reading from the registers correctly,
> > and I used a printk statement to make sure that the driver was reading,
> > and storing the values correctly, but when I run sensors it doesn't
> > print out anything. I based the code off of your lm63 driver. The driver
> > does initialize, and detect. Would you like to look at it, and how woule
> > you like me to send it? I have a couple things to fix with temperature
> > calculation, hyst, and min, and max, but I first want to get it to talk
> > to userland software.
>
> If you want "sensors" to display anything for your chip, you must add
> support for it to libsensors, and to sensors itself. You must also make
> sure that you register your driver with the hwmon class.
>
> You are welcome to post your code on this list, as a -p1 patch against
> either Linus' or Andrew's tree. You can post the patch either inline
> (if your mailer can do this properly) or as an attchement (type
> text/plain) so that we can comment on it and help you.

I've been working on the userland, and on the Linux kernel 2.4 driver,
but I have a few questions now. How do I choose these:

#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1		1200
#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1_TCRIT	1201
#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP1_TCRIT_HYST	1202
#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2		1203
#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2_TCRIT	1204
#define F75383_SYSCTL_TEMP2_TCRIT_HYST	1205
#define F75383_SYSCTL_ALARMS		1206

Besides that everything will be done by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Beardall