ticket# 1649 - i2c-viapro fails to load

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:49:34 +0200 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> First, you have to pay attention that there are two parts in the
> lm_sensors project:
> 1* Kernel modules
> 2* User-space tools.
> All distributions that include lm_sensors have *two* distinct packages
> for these. In some (most) cases the kernel modules are part of the
> kernel package, while the user-space tools are in a lm-sensors package.
> So I suspect that you have been upgrading only the lm-sensors package,
> and *not* the kernel package, while you should have done that as well.

i think thats whats happening. i've been updating the user space tools only.

> So you should try upgrading kernels and see how it goes.

i'm already running the latest fedora kernel. so there is nothing i can do
about this, unless fedora releases a new kernel soon with updated modules.

> If you can't get it to work, you may want to give a try to Axel Thimm's
> packages:
> Userspace tools at http://atrpms.net/name/lm_sensors/
> Kernels at http://atrpms.net/name/kernel/

thank you, your help is much appriciated.

--
Dimitrios Michelinakis
www.ionos.gr Web Services