ticket# 1649 - i2c-viapro fails to load

> You know whats interesting? All this time, i've been using the
> official Fedora rpm packages!! i've got the original 2.8.1 which
> came with Fedora Core 1, all up to and including 2.8.6 which can be
> downloaded from Fedora's development directory.
>
> I've also uninstalled lm_sensors as a package, searched for all
> sensor files and libraries just to make sure no traces of old files
> are left behind, and re-installed the latest 2.8.6 package all over
> again.
>
> Even though i've done all that, i still end up with old it87.o :(
>
> Does it mean the packages generated by Fedora/Redhat are broken?

First, you have to pay attention that there are two parts in the
lm_sensors project:
1* Kernel modules
2* User-space tools.

All distributions that include lm_sensors have *two* distinct packages
for these. In some (most) cases the kernel modules are part of the
kernel package, while the user-space tools are in a lm-sensors package.
So I suspect that you have been upgrading only the lm-sensors package,
and *not* the kernel package, while you should have done that as well.

So you should try upgrading kernels and see how it goes.

If you can't get it to work, you may want to give a try to Axel Thimm's
packages:
Userspace tools at http://atrpms.net/name/lm_sensors/
Kernels at http://atrpms.net/name/kernel/

Hope that helps.