ticket# 1649 - i2c-viapro fails to load

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:59:17 +0200 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> Yes, this is a damn old version that didn't support the KT600 yet. This
> is the cause of your problem. And I would bet that you other problem
> (with the it87) is the same too. Check /var/log/messages next time you
> load it, it's probably version 2.6.5 too.

yes it is:

kernel: it87.o version 2.6.5 (20020915)

> So you now have to reinstall i2c and lm_sensors from the very beginning,
> or (preferably) upgrade your distribution packages for lm_sensors. The
> KT600 is supported since version 2.8.1.

You know whats interesting? All this time, i've been using the official
Fedora rpm packages!! i've got the original 2.8.1 which came with Fedora Core 1,
all up to and including 2.8.6 which can be downloaded from Fedora's development
directory.

I've also uninstalled lm_sensors as a package, searched for all sensor files
and libraries just to make sure no traces of old files are left behind, and
re-installed the latest 2.8.6 package all over again.

Even though i've done all that, i still end up with old it87.o :(

Does it mean the packages generated by Fedora/Redhat are broken?

--
Dimitrios Michelinakis
www.ionos.gr Web Services