Fujitsu Siemens sensor HERMES

Hi Reinhard,

> You are right. I've attached the fixed drivers and adjusted sample
> configuration. Documentation will follow later and explains, how to
> get the necessary (M)ultiplier, (R)efVoltage and (O)ffset values from
> dmidecode.

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with the port of another chip driver
(gl518sm) these days. I am only reviewing what you sent to me now. I
have to apologize for that, it's not very fair from me.

I have updated the 2.4 driver and sensors.conf. I've slightly changed
the way input voltages are exported. I exported them as
pseudo-hundredths of Volts (range 0V - 2.55V) instead of an integer
value. I know that the value doesn't make much sense per se, but it
keeps the value within usual ranges and also saves a few conversions
later. I've updated the 2.6 driver accordingly so the same sensors.conf
will still work with both.

As far as the 2.6 driver is concerned, I've included it to a 2.6.2-rc3
source tree and made the other required changes (Makefile, Kconfig,
i2c-id.h). Full patch attached.

I've made a few changes to your original work. Especially I reindented
everything according to what kernel folks want. I don't like their
standard more than you seem to do, but we have to comply to it or your
driver won't be accepted.

I've also made several unimportant changes (comments, debug stuff, code
"design"). I left the functional stuff unchanged, since I know you know
what you're doing and I couldn't possibly test my changes anyway.

I committed a change to libsensors so that it finds fan_rippleX files
from the 2.6 driver. There are still a few matchings missing (rev,
control and wdog_*) but I don't think sensors uses them, does it?

I'd like you to get lm_sensors CVS, ensure that the new 2.4 driver works
with the updated sensors.conf, lib and sensors. Then try the first
candidate 2.6 driver, and report how it is going.

Once again, please forgive me for the delay, and thanks a lot for your
good work.

Greg, I know how precious your comments can be, so if you would like to
review and comment this proposed new driver, please do.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/