Fujitsu Siemens sensor HERMES

Hi,

Jean Delvare wrote:

>>Well, looking at the conversion formula again, this idea is not 100 %
>>perfect, because it doesn't care to scale the offset value. Currently,
>>the offset is 0 but there is no guarantee, that it will always be 0.
>
> This isn't a problem. The formulae are applied *after* libsensors (or
> any other program such as gkrellm) reads the value from sysfs or procfs.
> For example, if you have a raw reading of 1.8V, in 2.4 it'll be stored
> internally as 180, and read through procfs as 1.80. In 2.6 it'll be
> stored internally as 1800 and exported through sysfs as 1800 too. But
> libsensors knows about magnitudes in both cases and will read the value
> as 1.80. And any formula in sensors.conf will be applied to *this*
> value.

This is the kind of information that I was missing, when I wrote the last email.

> So, as you can see, it is safe to have a single formula for both
> versions.

You are right. I've attached the fixed drivers and adjusted sample
configuration. Documentation will follow later and explains, how to get the
necessary (M)ultiplier, (R)efVoltage and (O)ffset values from dmidecode.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de