Donation.

* Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> [2003-11-01 19:51:32 +0100]:

> Just opened my two cases, nothing interesting in the first one (there's
> a mysterious 3-pin port named PWRATX (if I read it correctly) but it
> doesn't sound like what I am after) but there is a 4-pin port named SMB
> on the second one (ATV133-C). It damn sounds like what you're talking
> about. I guess that these pins are +VCC, ground, SCL and SDA? Any idea
> about the order? Pin 1 is alone, then there's a hole, then three more
> pins.

Actually, these are described in the users' manuals, at least for my
boards.  Both of my boards have five pins in a six pin block, like this:

(1) FLOATING
 *  SMBCLK
    (no pin)
 *  Ground
 *  SMBDATA
 *  +3V

With a voltmeter, you can at least determine +3V and ground.  And it
will do no harm to the hardware if you reverse SCL/SDA (besides
simply not working).

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman