Donation.

Yeah, don't be afraid to do a little soldering to hack something up.
Here's an old page I made with my experience w/ an AD eval board:

http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/hardhack.html

You might need to use an old DIMM to tap into the SMBus & power, or you
might be lucky enough to have some jumpers on the mobo which make it
easy to tap into these things.

Phil