remove 2.2 support?

so, tell me if this is a good plan, or if this is what you said...
(sorry if I am still a little confused...)

You are going to submit i2c changes (including refcount changes),
based on lk2-4, for inclusion in 2.4.21?

And then our i2c 2.8.0 release would be only for kernels 2.4.21+.
Our i2c 3.0.0 release (from HEAD) would be only for kernels 2.5.54+.
And our 2.7.0 release would be the last for kernels 2.2 - 2.4.20.

If and only if we wanted to make another i2c release that was compatible for
kernels 2 4.9 - 2.4.20 (hopefullly not) would we branch again, at the
tag POST-2-4-9-KERNELS, and generate a release from that branch.

For sensors we would do something similar, following your
instructions below...

mds