remove 2.2 support?

I don't think 2.2 support is very critical at this point.  I'm trying to
imagine why people might be using 2.2.x kernels still, and I think it
might be likely that they are running 2.2.x on older hardware with older
installs.  In that case, keeping support for bleeding edge hardware
drivers going for those kernels is not nessesary (if they are bothering
to even keep things patched up).

Like what Jean suggests and Mark implies, let's call it 2.8.0 when we do it.

Phil