remove 2.2 support?

Due to the recent discussions re: kernel 2.5.54, and
the lack of any critical problems with 2.7.0,
I declare the two weeks over in record time :)

If you intend to do any of the 2.4 cleanup you may wish
to let people know.

I'll start by backporting the drivers from 2.5.54 back to CVS.

Remember, don't do any refcount changes yet as that will break
2.4 compatibility.