remove 2.2 support?

Thanks Ky?sti
for the 2.4 cleanup.

We have a vote from Ky?sti for branching.
Albert suggested the same thing to me in an email.
Pavel suggested abandoning CVS and doing everything in Linus' tree.

I'm really reluctant to branch but it may be the only realistic way to do it
unless somebody volunteers to do patches manually (and perpetually).

I guess we would do the 2.4 cleanup on the sensors side,
then release 2.8.0, then branch?

Comments/opinions please...