Re: Live patching miniconf proposal submitted

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> as in previous years (and as discussed with quite a few of you in person),
> I've just submitted LPC2018 miniconf proposal for live patching.

Thanks everybody who submitted ideas and proposed discussion topics.

I've just updated the miniconf submission proposal. The submitted abstract
currently reads (sorry for the formatting, it's copy/pasted from the
submission webpage)

=====
The main purpose of the Linux Plumbers 2018 Live kernel patching
miniconference is to involve all stakeholders in open discussion about
remaining issues that need to be solved in order to make Live patching of
the Linux Kernel (more or less) feature complete.

The main purpose of the proposed miniconference is focusing on the
features that have been proposed (some even with a preliminary
implementation), but not yet finished, with the ultimate goal of sorting
out the remaining issues.

The proposed topics for discussion with, including the respective
proponents:

- Architecture support
  - objtool for ppc (**Miroslav Benes, Kamalesh Babulal, Josh Poimboeuf**)
  - s390x (**Joe Lawrence, Miroslav Benes**)
- Dealing with gcc optimizations intefering with livepatches (**Miroslav Benes**)
- userspace tooling for automating patch generation (**Alice Ferrazzi, Miroslav Benes, Nicolai Stange**)
  - elivepatch presentation / discussion (**Alice Ferrazzi**)
- How to implement a sane notion of global consistency (**Nicolai Stange**)
- compatibility of livepatches between framework versions (**Joe Lawrence, Petr Mladek, Nicolai Stange**)
- general experience sharing after 1+ years of livepatching being [comercially] supported in distributions (**Josh Poimboeuf?, Jiri Kosina, ... ?**)
=====

In case you'd like to have anything modified/added, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]