Re: 6lowpan Support for Raspberry PI 3B+ - CYW43455

Hi Michael,

Am 16.09.20 um 19:06 schrieb Michael Richardson:

Achim Kraus <achimkraus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
     >>> for any BT device.  I would love to be wrong!!

     > Hi Michael,

     > The current Raspi OS (based on Debian, kernel 5.4) contains a
     > bluetooth_6lowpan module. With that it's possible to connect the
     > nrf52840 using a "plain raspi 3b+" (without extra rf module).

So, USB connection to this multi-radio device?

No, the raspberry PI on it's own is using bluetooth_6lowpan.
No USB to the nrf52840!

The nrf52840 is a separate peer, which communicates over
bluetooth_6lowpan with that raspberry PI.

     > Unfortunately, nordic decided to provide precompile examples with the
     > old, deprecated address mapping and so I need to spend some time in
     > compile these examples before I can report, if it works at all, and the
     > experienced stability.

I am unclear what the split of effort between this mcu the kernel is.

It's not split, these are just the two peers, and they communicate with
each other using bluetooth_6lowpan. The raspberry PI uses the linux
protocol-stack, the nrf52840 the protocol-stack from nordic.

best regards
Achim

I get the impression that we need to load firmware, and that it can in fact
run RIOTOS, etc. directly.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [