Re: 6lowpan Support for Raspberry PI 3B+ - CYW43455

Hi Alex,

I tried to use BT 6LoWPAN and experienced a lot of races there, sadly
nobody is fixing it. I sent a RFC some years ago to tackle these
issues, also that the link-layer address is reconstructed by L3
address and not by a ndisc lookup is very weird. I don't know if this
is fixed or not.  However it was nothing related to the new BT mesh
stuff.

"a lot of races", recently? Or some time ago?

for any BT device.  I would love to be wrong!!

Hi Michael,

The current Raspi OS (based on Debian, kernel 5.4) contains a
bluetooth_6lowpan module. With that it's possible to connect the
nrf52840 using a "plain raspi 3b+" (without extra rf module).

Unfortunately, nordic decided to provide precompile examples with the
old, deprecated address mapping and so I need to spend some time in
compile these examples before I can report, if it works at all, and the
experienced stability.

best regards
Achim

P.S.: though linux-wpan is not bluetooth, I hope the misuse of this list
is still OK ;-). But I guess, moving it to the right list will alos have
advantages. Does anyone know, which would be the proper list for that?