Re: Resend : Reading corrupt IEEE 802.15.4 packages with the AT-REB233 and the BeagleBone Black with IWPAN

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Balz <s.balz@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I've changed the Kernel module so that i read the Framebuffer as SRAM and
> not as FrameBuffer.
> I've write a 0x00n followed by 0x00 to determine a SRAM read from the addr
> 0.
>
> But the Kernel Module can not identity the frame length any more.
>
> The Sniffed packages (all Packages have 143 byte length) do not show the
> behaviour any more.
>
> Maybe the SRAM read access is protected and the Frame-buffer Read not...?

I think frame buffer read access only.

"Dynamic Frame Buffer Protection is released on the rising edge of pin 23 (/SEL)
 during a Frame Buffer read access, or on the radio transceiver’s
state change from
 RX_ON or RX_AACK_ON to another state.", see [0].

unless there is no errata which said is broken for frame buffer I am
not willing to change it to e.g. SRAM which would work.
As the datasheet says "Frame Buffer read access" only and not SRAM, foo.

- Alex

[0] http://www.atmel.com/images/Atmel-8351-MCU_Wireless-AT86RF233_Datasheet.pdf