Search Linux Wireless

Re: hal, rfkill and compat-wireless (Re: [RFC/RFT] rtl8187: Implement rfkill support)

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 17:05 -0600, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez<mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Marcel Holtmann<marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi Luis,

> >> for the wireless-compat tree, I would just remove the RFKILL support for
> >> WiMAX. It is really not worth to support it.
> >
> > Works for me, we then still need to address (if we really care) the
> > platform stuff. If someone is interested feel free to send patches to
> > add those, I figure as long we get down to the latest supported stable
> > kernel it should be good. The latest supported stable kernel is always
> > on display on kernel,org, today being 2.6.27.
>
> BTW inaky -- this is actually up to you, are you wiling to live with
> no rfkill for compat?

I don't really mind -- but it could be a problem for anyone trying to
use it. Not that I recommend not being able to switch the radio off :)
however, the WiMAX stack has APIs for it too, so at least there is a
workaround.

But remember, I won't be able to support it at all.

--
-- Inaky