Nokia's WiMAX implementation

On Wednesday 03 December 2008, juuso.oikarinen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The Nokia driver is not a rewrite of any Intel driver, it is has been
> written from scratch by Nokia, and as far as I know well before the
> Intel WiMAX Linux development had really speeded up.
>
> Although I share your view on WE, and I think a netlink message based
> interface would be elegant, I'm not sure how the community will view a
> driver interface without IOCTL based control.
>
> I agree with you. The best solution would be a fusion. A netlink message
> based interface with the abstract WiMAX operations (with interface
> abstraction at the level used in the Nokia driver) would be the way to
> start defining a uniform WiMAX driver interface for Linux.

Well, no ioctl is the way, it has to be netlink.

What set of calls/signals do you propose that should be in the kernel
interface?

I really don't want to set this on stone until there is at least a second
vendor coming in, but that doesn't mean we can start thinking about it.

BTW, where can we find your user space code?

Thanks,

--
Inaky

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]