Nokia's WiMAX implementation

The Nokia driver is not a rewrite of any Intel driver, it is has been
written from scratch by Nokia, and as far as I know well before the
Intel WiMAX Linux development had really speeded up.

Although I share your view on WE, and I think a netlink message based
interface would be elegant, I'm not sure how the community will view a
driver interface without IOCTL based control.

I agree with you. The best solution would be a fusion. A netlink message
based interface with the abstract WiMAX operations (with interface
abstraction at the level used in the Nokia driver) would be the way to
start defining a uniform WiMAX driver interface for Linux.

-Juuso

>> methods defined in the interface have been proven to work on a real
>> product, and could serve as good reference defining a device
>> independent WiMAX driver interface for Linux.
>>
>> It is my personal feeling that the Nokia approach is closer
>to what is
>> intended by the driver model in operating systems, such as Linux.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]