Re: Sound Blaster USB X-Fi configuration problem

Hi all,
I have made some experiments and things looks much more clear. Although
I do not understand why once a time the device was initialized by Linux
to HS operation but probably this is not so important.
It seems that some additional configuration is needed. When I run native
(without driver) Windows XP (in real hardware or in Virtualbox - does
not matter) the sound card is initialized to FS. After driver
installation it is in both cases (hardware and virtual environment)
initialized to HS. I have recorded the data streams for both cases (FS
and HS configuration) but unfortunately I cannot interpret it (without
being enough familiar with USB protocol).
If somebody can have a look and propose a patch initializing the device
properly that would be great... or maybe I need to provide more data? I
am more than willing to help finding the solution.

The dumps can be downloaded from (I have provided both wireshark dumps
and pure cat versions of each process):

http://mgrecki.republika.pl/x-fi/x-fi.12      - FS configuration (Linux
3.9.2) recorded by wireshark (wireshark format)

http://mgrecki.republika.pl/x-fi/x-fi.12.out  - FS configuration (Linux
3.9.2) recorded by cat command (text format)

http://mgrecki.republika.pl/x-fi/x-fi.480     - HS configuration (WinXP
running in Virtualbox) recorded by wireshark (wireshark format)

http://mgrecki.republika.pl/x-fi/x-fi.480.out - HS configuration (WinXP
running in Virtualbox) recorded by cat command (text format)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mariusz Grecki