Re: Proposed modification to PL2303 driver

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 at 23:35, Frank Schäfer wrote:

When I wrote the patch in 2009, only the first baud rate programming
method was in place.
The second method has been added later with commit 8d48fdf6.

Hmm - it would be interesting to know what device and tests that change was based on.

Hmm... the comment says that

12MHz*32 / baud = divisor = (2^buf[1]) * buf[0]

But the code below does something different...

According to my tests the comment is true for bits 1..3 of buf[1] and the current code seems to work by chance, because it doesn't get used for baud rates below 115200.

I hope I'll get a FTDI-device for testing tomorrow.

I'll try to hook mine up to a logic analyzer tomorrow, so that I get better timing results than from the "estimate the baud rate from the time it takes to send and receive a few thousand bytes" method I used so far.

cu
	Reinhard