Sound Blaster USB X-Fi configuration problem

The problem relates directly to the old one:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/20816/focus=20850

The problem is, that usually (in fact all the time with one! exception
so far) the card is recognized by operating system as a full-speed (FS)
device not the high-speed (HS) one. This is weird, but once I have seen
it was recognized as high-speed device at my CPU. But that happened once
- I have no idea how and why. My suspicions is that during
initialization there is a kind of races that usually lead to full-speed
configuration.

The FS operation is not enough since the card performance is limited or
(worse) the card is not possible to use since there are other USB
devices connected (not enough bandwidth).

One of the possible cause given in the mentioned thread was that the
card requires special initialization. This is not the case in my opinion
since I have seen it was initialized as a HS device with completely
different characteristics (more high precision and high sampling rate
modes of operation).

The computer to which the card is connected is uTCA embedded CPU with
high-speed USB hub. It runs Ubuntu 10.04 (Linux mskcpucmtb1
2.6.32-45-generic #102-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 2 22:38:04 UTC 2013 x86_64
GNU/Linux). I have checked the same behavior with pure 3.9.2 kernel
compiled by me - for all cases FS device was configured. The only case
when the device was configured as HS device happened once with other
machine (not available at this moment). But it is not related to this
particular machine since I have tried many times on this machine later
and always it was configured as FS device.

I have read several problem reports concerning these cards at Internet
(most of them seem to be related to FS configuration).

Certainly I can provide more information (logs, CPU setup etc.).

Does anybody have any idea what can be the problem? The card is
recognized as HS device by MS Windows (XP version) without any exceptions...

Below I have enclosed a part of lsusb -v dump for both cases (FS and HS
configuration). The dumps were taken on different occasions therefore
the bus numbers etc. are different.

===== lsusb -v (part of, with FS configuration)
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 041e:30df Creative Technology, Ltd
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x041e Creative Technology, Ltd
  idProduct          0x30df
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Creative Technology Ltd
  iProduct                2 SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro
  iSerial                 3 000004vk
  bNumConfigurations      1

===== lsusb -v (part of, with HS configuration)
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 041e:30df Creative Technology, Ltd
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x041e Creative Technology, Ltd
  idProduct          0x30df
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 3
  bNumConfigurations      1

The full HS dump I can provide of course (I have stored it), but I doubt
whether I can again establish again this mode of operation on request...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mariusz Grecki