RE: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

Hi,

> > I find out the IRQ number for usb, and unmask that IRQ number in
> > interrupt controller. So usb cable is plugged into host PC, the gadget
> > (which runs on linux) freezes immediately, no error message is printed
> > out, no device reset.
> >
> > now i don't know whether linux hang or the hardware hang.
>
> Like I said, I can't support you on that. Ask for support from whoever
provided
> you this kernel. You need to read your HW documentation and figure out if
> there is any bug in the controller driver you're writing.
>
> good luck
>
> --
> balbi

Happy new year 2013.
After a long Christmas break, the USB file storage gadget and UDC gadget
code are able to work partially on USB enumeration (running on linux 3.4.4).

1) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with device
descriptor.
2) host PC sends a SET_ADDRESS request
3) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with the same
device descriptor.
4) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with
configuration descriptor.
5) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with string
descriptor.
6) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with string
descriptor.
7) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with device
qualifier descriptor.
8) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with the same
device descriptor.
9) host PC sends a GET_DESCRIPTOR request, the gadget replies with
configuration descriptor.
10) host PC sends SET_CONFIGURATION
11) host PC sends 0xfe bRequest

Then host PC sends a few more GET_DESCRIPTOR request, and the enumeration
stops. No SCSI_inquiry command is received by the gadget device. In host PC,
the gadget device is identified as USB mass storage device with an
exclamation mark.

The gadget device uses "endpoint 1" for bulk in and bulk out. In fsg_bind()
of file_storage.c, bulk out endpoint is 2. How to fix the bulk out endpoint
to 1?

Thanks,
victor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
KeyASIC Inc.