Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 06:22:27PM +0800, victor wrote:
> > > Thanks. The driver's probe() can be called. Now when insmod
> > > g_file_storage.ko, it says the file-backed storage gadget failed to
> > > start. I have defined the udc_start() function in usb_gadget_ops
> > > structure and added the udc_start() function. What else do I need to
> add?
> > >
> > > Here is the message at console:
> > >
> > > # insmod kagen2_udc.ko
> > > # insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/mmcblk0
> > >  gadget: controller 'kagen2_usb' not recognized
> >
> > this should have caught your attention!! Also, rebase to a newer kernel as
> that
> > message has already been dropped.
> >

> The udc_start() function is being called now. Before this, it was not called
> because of driver->max_speed checking in udc_start(). After udc_start(),
> which function is to be called when the gadget device is connected to the
> host PC?
>
> Thanks. I will look at the "controller 'kagen2_usb' not recognized" message.
> The development is being done on arm9 architecture. I am afraid it is not
> possible to move to a newer kernel now.

fair enough. Just to help you out, I believe that message will be under
drivers/usb/gadget/gadget_chips.h:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/balbi/usb.git;a=blob;f=drivers/usb/gadget/gadget_chips.h;h=a8855d0b7f3bdf19fbdc76eab8a25992f07884b0;hb=76e10d158efb6d4516018846f60c2ab5501900bc

note that you must add your gadget_is_kagen2() and check for it on
usb_gadget_controller_number(). Also keep in mind that this doesn't
exist anymore for recent kernels.

--
balbi