RE: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

Hi,

> > > this should have caught your attention!! Also, rebase to a newer
> > > kernel as
> > that
> > > message has already been dropped.
> > >

> > The udc_start() function is being called now. Before this, it was not
> > called because of driver->max_speed checking in udc_start(). After
> > udc_start(), which function is to be called when the gadget device is
> > connected to the host PC?
> >
> > Thanks. I will look at the "controller 'kagen2_usb' not recognized"
message.
> > The development is being done on arm9 architecture. I am afraid it is
> > not possible to move to a newer kernel now.
>
> fair enough. Just to help you out, I believe that message will be under
> drivers/usb/gadget/gadget_chips.h:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/balbi/usb.git;a=blob;f=drivers/usb
/gad
> get/gadget_chips.h;h=a8855d0b7f3bdf19fbdc76eab8a25992f07884b0;hb=76e1
> 0d158efb6d4516018846f60c2ab5501900bc
>
> note that you must add your gadget_is_kagen2() and check for it on
> usb_gadget_controller_number(). Also keep in mind that this doesn't exist
> anymore for recent kernels.

Thanks, I got it done. I can insmod the g_file_storage.ko without the
"controller 'kagen2_usb' not recognized" message. After that, can I simply
connect the usb cable to the host PC? Because the PC says "USB device not
recognised" when I do so. I have registered the irq routine in
kagen2_udc.ko, and it is not called when usb cable is plugged in. What can
go wrong?

# insmod kagen2_udc.ko
#
# insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/mmcblk0
 gadget: No serial-number string provided!
 gadget: File-backed Storage Gadget, version: 1 September 2010
 gadget: NOTE: This driver is deprecated.  Consider using g_mass_storage
instead.
 gadget: Number of LUNs=1
g_file_storage gadget-lun0: ro=0, nofua=0, file: /dev/mmcblk0

thanks,
victor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee). be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
KeyASIC Inc.