RE: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

Hi,

> > Yes, the devices /dev/mmcblk0 and /dev/mmcblk0p1 exist. The
> > /dev/mmcblk0 can be mounted. The dmesg does not contain other
> > messages. I am not sure the way to use g_file_storage.ko with UDC.
Please
> kindly help me.
> >
> > # ls /dev/mmc*
> > /dev/mmc0       /dev/mmc2       /dev/mmcblk0p1
> > /dev/mmc1       /dev/mmcblk0    /dev/mmcblk0p2
> >
> > # mount /dev/mmcblk0 /mnt
> > # ls /mnt/
> > initramfs.gz
> > # umount /mnt
> > umounting 1
> > umounting 0
> > # insmod kagen2_udc.ko
> > # insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/mmcblk0
> > insmod: can't insert 'g_file_storage.ko': No such device
>
> are you registering your udc with the udc class ?? Are you initilizing
> udc->gadget.dev ? Look at other udc drivers to check if you're missing
> something. For example look at
> drivers/usb/dwc3/gadget.c::dwc3_gadget_init() to see how I register the
> gadget device and how I add the gadget to the list of UDCs.
>
> Also look at drivers/usb/dwc3/gadget.c::dwc3_gadget_start() to see how
that
> should be implemented.
> --
> balbi

I look at drivers/usb/dwc3/gadget.c and compare to my UDC code. The
difference is my UDC probe function is declared in platform driver, and the
platform probe function is not called. How could the file storage gadget
know it needs to call my UDC code? Is it done by the
platform_add_devices(struct platform_device **pdevs, int ndev) which is to
add UDC driver to the linux system?

Here is my probe function. Somehow, It is not called after insmod.

static int __devinit
kagen2_plat_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
{
}
static struct platform_driver kagen2_plat_driver = {
        .probe =        kagen2_plat_probe,
};
static int __init kagen2_init (void)
{
        return platform_driver_register(&kagen2_plat_driver);
}

Thanks,
victor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee). be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
KeyASIC Inc.