Re: Etron USB 3.0 xHCI

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 02:34:24PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > The error you're getting seems to me to indicate a
> > hardware issue, and I'm really not sure how to solve it.
>
> Could be, I find many people have problems with the chip.
>
> > > Cards with the Etron chip on them are $14 on newegg.  I'd be happy
> > > to buy one for anyone that wants to see the problem up close and
> > > personal.
> >
> > Money's not really the issue for me, it's time...
>
> I can see it not being of major interest to you.  But the offer stands
> for anyone that wants to take a crack at it.
>
> I guess I'll go back to kurking.

Hi all,

I'm in kind of the same sinking boat as Gary here.

It's unfortunate that somebody soldered this chip into my motherboard with all
the issues that have come up.

I'm wondering, what are my other options? How can I go about acquiring a PCIe
card that uses a known-good working USB 3.0 chip instead? Or what else can I
do to sort this issue out?

Regards,
Matthew.