Re: [RFT] usb: Don't enable LPM if the exit latency is zero.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 09:01:01PM +0200, Gabor Takacs wrote:
> Dear Sarah,
> > Great, I'm glad your disk works now!
> >
> > You can check if the roothub goes into a low power state by watching
> > whether the parent hub reports U0 or U1/U2 in its port status registers.
> > You can do this by running
> >
> > watch -n 1 'sudo lsusb -v -d 1d6b:0003 | grep "Hub Port Status" -A4'
> I do not see any change, it always stays in U0. I can also watch the
> power consumption with powertop and it is quite steady at around 1 Watt.

Hmm, then I guess your device isn't going into U1.

> How long is the software-programmed timeout for it to go into a "link
> idle" state?
> >>     bU1DevExitLat           1 micro seconds
> >>     bU2DevExitLat           0 micro seconds

At the smallest, 10ms.  You would have seen the port go into U1 if the
device was actually going into U1.  But it seems like the device can
handle being asked (and refusing) to go into U1, just not when it's
asked to go into U2.

Sarah Sharp