Re: [RFT] usb: Don't enable LPM if the exit latency is zero.

Dear Sarah,
> Great, I'm glad your disk works now!
>
> You can check if the roothub goes into a low power state by watching
> whether the parent hub reports U0 or U1/U2 in its port status registers.
> You can do this by running
>
> watch -n 1 'sudo lsusb -v -d 1d6b:0003 | grep "Hub Port Status" -A4'
I do not see any change, it always stays in U0. I can also watch the
power consumption with powertop and it is quite steady at around 1 Watt.

How long is the software-programmed timeout for it to go into a "link
idle" state?
>>     bU1DevExitLat           1 micro seconds
>>     bU2DevExitLat           0 micro seconds
> Interesting.  So the device has a non-zero U1 device exit latency, but a
> zeroed U2 device exit latency.  In that case, we'll only enable U1.
> Maybe the device only supports U1?  It would be informative to know if
> the roothub ports actually go into U1 when the device is plugged
> directly into your computer (not through a hub).
I am always plugging in the device directly (it is connected to one of
the side USB 3.0 ports on an ASUS Zenbook UX21A notebook).

Best wishes,

Gabor