Re: [RFT] usb: Fix TX errors on devices with unsupported LPM states.

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 09:34:43AM -0400, Don Zickus wrote:

> > > It still failed for me. :-(
> >
> > Can you send me the `sudo lsusb -v` output for the device?  Also, please
> > see if you can get a new cable and retest.
>
> I attached the lsusb -v output (had to use another usb3 controller to
> obtain it).  I can't really use another cable because it comes with its
> own usb3 mini cable.  All the other usb3 cables I have are the normal
> sized ones (with the fatter end).

Hah, I think I see the issue:

>   SuperSpeed USB Device Capability:
>     bLength                10
>     bDescriptorType        16
>     bDevCapabilityType      3
>     bmAttributes         0x00
>       Latency Tolerance Messages (LTM) Supported
>     wSpeedsSupported   0x000e
>       Device can operate at Full Speed (12Mbps)
>       Device can operate at High Speed (480Mbps)
>       Device can operate at SuperSpeed (5Gbps)
>     bFunctionalitySupport   1
>       Lowest fully-functional device speed is Full Speed (12Mbps)
>     bU1DevExitLat           0 micro seconds
>     bU2DevExitLat           0 micro seconds

The device is claiming it won't experience *any* exit latency for U1 or
U2.  That probably means it doesn't support U1 or U2 at all.  So we need
to blacklist both the max values and the min values.  Patch shortly.

Sarah Sharp