Re: "Resource Temporarily Unavailable" error opening device file beginning with linux kernel 2.6.37.1

Anyway, the call to usb_autopm_get_interface() is failing beginning with the bisected kernel reported earlier. It is returning -11, the source of my Resource Temporarily Unavailable error. Now that I know what is failing, it is much less of a problem to solve.

This is related to CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND. I have had the flag ON in all of my previous kernels for who knows how long. I turned OFF the flag in the current build and the error has gone away.

Make sense?

Thanks for helping. I don't have a reason to keep the flag on, so from my perspective I can move on.

Donald