Re: more than 255 usbserial interfaces

Italo Migotto <imigotto@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Do you guys still want the information on the devices? Like models,
> output from lsusb, dmesg, etc?

yes, please. Unless you know for sure that all the USB interfaces
provide serial functions (e.g if they all respond to AT commands).

Some of the USB interfaces on newer 3G modems typically provide
non-serial functions like some sort of ethernet emulation. If so, then
we should at least make sure that the option driver doesn't bind to
them.

But I'm not at all sure we can guess the function purely based on lsusb
output though.  Might be necessary to look at the Windows *.inf files to
get the necessary hints if the vendor chose to make the USB descriptors
completely useless, as many of them do.

Bjørn