more than 255 usbserial interfaces

Hi,

right now I have approximately 50 USB devices plugged into my server,
and together they create more than 250 serial interfaces in the system
(up to 5 /dev/ttyUSBXX each), the problem is that I need to plug some
more and it seems I´ve reached the limit of 255 interfaces, so my
question is:

is there a way to increase that limit? Or, if there isn´t, can I
remove the unused interfaces somehow? I only access one of these 5 for
each device, not really sure if the other 4 are necessary.

thanks in advance.