Re: USB Serial Converter driver and multiple devices

I wrote that almost 10 years ago, what do you think? :)

> I'm trying to figure out how stern to be in warning people that
> usbgeneric isn't what they want to use. Since inevitably someone will
> point to the article written by the author of the code, I'll have to
> have "the straight dope" from "the horse's mouth".

Nowhere in that article does it say, "do this for your modem device".  I
didn't ever think that anyone would be foolish enough to actually try
the generic driver for a "real" device, as if they did, they would see
just how slow it really was, and then write a real driver for it.

I guess I underestimated people in my youth :)

thanks,

greg k-h