Re: USB Serial Converter driver and multiple devices

Greg KH <gregkh@...> writes:

> Care to send a patch that adds your device id to this driver so it will
> work for everyone?

Happy to do so once I have it working.

> And as for a solution, again, the generic usb-serial driver is not for a
> real device, that is why it can accept only one device id through the
> module parameters.
>
> However, the new_id file in sysfs can accept multiple device ids, if you
> need to for testing.

Except not. usbserial works fine when I modprobe it, but it doesn't work if I
use new_id. Same problem Dimitrios Symeonidis was having a year ago. I'm still
seeing it in 3.2.0-23-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu.

Well, I say that it works because I can see a /dev/ttyUSB0, but I can't set the
baud rate to 4800. But that may be a completely separate problem.