Re: Add dwc_otg driver

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What are you needs here, do you need the gadget support, or just host
> support?

The R-Pi model B connects through a USB hub chip and can only support
R-Pi as host (connecting to devices like mouse/keyboard/disks).
The model A has a direct connection to the usb socket, so can in
theory act as a host or device. (But has never been tested as a device
and this is not an essential feature).

>> What is the license for s2c_hsotg? If it is dual licensed BSD+GPL then
>> that's even better.
>
> Why does that make anything "better" here?  How does that matter?

No better for a linux driver. There are other people interested in
getting USB working on non-linux platforms (e.g. RISC OS), but again
that is non-essential.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Paul Zimmerman
<Paul.Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I'm Dom Cobley from Broadcom. Apologies if my git commits were
incorrect, I'm quite new to the linux world.