Re: Qualcomm "raw IP" mode (was Re: Huawei E398 cdc/serialmodem-ppp 3G/4G)

Dan Williams <dcbw@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> WMC is almost certainly not required, since it's only implemented in
> some Pantech modems (not just Gobi-derived devices, but older CDMA-only
> ones too).  It's just an API that Pantech adds to some of their modems
> that their Windows driver uses for some stuff.  Like vendors adding
> proprietary AT commands.  It might just be that they decided to use the
> WMC commands instead of the QMI ones here.

Right.  OK.

I just noticed another point that might be causing the modem to see the
connection as not fully established.  This TLV:

  [0x11] ( 1) 03

is the PDP type, and 3 indicates PDP-IPV4V6.  I.e. this was *not* a
plain PDP-IPV6 session.  But as shown, there were only IPv6 addresses
allocated in the IPv6 network session I started.  And there is no
documented way to start a combined IPV4V6 session using QMI.  So the
modem might be waiting for me to start an accompanying IPv4 session
using the same APN, like you showed that the Pantech Windows driver does
(I assume it uses the same APN for both it's sessions?).

Bjørn