Re: USB Disconnect due to OVER current change with wireless ralink device RT3572

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:08:03AM +0530, suman wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply,
>
> My vendor only provides me with pof file, the version 2.6.28 with me
> is quiet stable now

What is "pof" file?

> It will be difficult to change it now, full test cycle is required if
> i change  kernel.

But that is exactly what you are looking to do, change the kernel to
resolve a problem :)

> As you said the current is not dependent on kernel version, it may be
> HW problem,

Yes, it probably is.

But note, please work with your vendor for old, obsolete kernel issues,
they are the best ones who can support you on this, not the community,
right?

> On a power board that is with SMPS power connected this is not coming
>
> If any one has worked on ralink wifi dongle, please tell me what is
> the max current required when it starts Tx & Rx  also can i reduce the
> power requirement for this device, as i think it should be
> reconfigurable for different device type.

Why not ask ralink?  They should have the specs for the power
requirements for their devices.

thanks,

greg k-h